Health IT giant Cerner has entered into a new era – shifting its technology offerings from traditional EMR into a major focus on patient wellness and greater care outcomes. We’re pleased to have Joanne Burns, Chief Strategy Officer at Cerner.
Joanne Burns is the Chief Strategy Officer for Cerner Corporation. She advances Cerner’s strategic initiatives and direction, with expertise in healthcare delivery, IT, cybersecurity, large-scale program development, product development and strategy. She’s an executive powerhouse who carries major team leadership responsibility for a $4.5B company in 35 countries.
Today Joanne and Dr. Steve discuss:
- Shifting EHR and the company vision into the new era of healthcare
- EHR interoperability and the next-generation of patient record
- Cerner’s focus on engagement by ‘acting within’
- Strategic partnering with American Well & Telehealth
- Joanne goes after my ‘wild hair’ idea
- Cerner’s strategy with President Trump