Faith Regional Health System has taken on the challenge of leveraging IT to improve performance for value-based health care in the areas of infrastructure, business and administrative management; quality and safety – and clinical integration. Much of this leadership is due to their hospital CIO and leadership.
Brian Sterud is a Certified Healthcare CIO and Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems. He leads IT efforts at Faith Regional and is here to share time with us today.Faith Regional Health System serves a rural Northeastern community in Nebraska. But don’t let their size fool you – they’ve won the prestigious MOST WIRED award from The American Hospital Association – for 4 straight years! Today Steve interviews CIO leader Brian Sterud. A maverick helping to drive strong value and prudent enough to do it without wasting IT dollars:
Steve and Brian discuss:
- What makes a great hospital CIO today (and the mistakes)
- Key strategies for physician buy-in of EHR
- Excellent insight on patient engagement (great exchange)
- Data security – especially email phishing today
- Winning the MOST WIRED award & the importance