Dr. Stephen Klasko. If you don’t know the name, or know the name but not his thoughts – you need to. This could well be the next face whose steps lead the way for other healthcare providers and health systems around the country.
He’s bold in his statements and his actions. His mantra is all about the need for, and the employment of significant disruption, creativity, and innovation for the next phase of America’s healthcare. He’s doing just that – for what has become one of the fastest-growing and top-rated healthcare systems in America.
The President and CEO of Jefferson Health System is also an accomplished author, leadership speaker, board member for companies including IBM Watson Health – and the White House is opening their ears to his thoughts.
Since his coming in 2014, Jefferson has grown from a three-hospital medical center to what is now 13-hospitals and a recent merge with Philadelphia University – a top 10 design school. Now its combined annual revenues exceed $4.8 billion, they employ more than 28,000 employees, 7,800 students, 6,000 physicians and practitioners, and have 4,000 staff on faculty. Jefferson serves 100,000 inpatients, 373,000 emergency room patients and 2.2 million outpatients annually.
This is one of the most powerful and insightful interviews you will ever listen to.
In this latest podcast episode of RED HOT HEALTHCARE, host Dr. Steve Ambrose and Dr. Stephen Klasko discuss:
- Developing a model of technical competence for surgeons
- Moving away from incremental thought in medicine and academics
- Shifting from a B2B to a B2C Millennial-centered business model
- Trading investments…from beds to telehealth
- Transforming a hospital company to a consumer health entity
- Virtual Rounds and Future Hologram visits
- Digital Innovation Consumer Experience (DICE) Group
- Dr. Klasko’s prescriptive solutions for fixing health care (12 ‘Disruptors’)
- ‘Demand Matching’ for orthopedic care