Episode 79: Misalignments in Value-Based Care
Value-based care (VBC) expert and healthcare transformation executive Lisa White shares her insights on the common and costly misalignment between value program design and real-world operations. It’s a crucial challenge that stakeholders must address, if VBC is ever to become more widely adopted and successful.
Lisa shares a riveting conversation with show host Dr. Steve Ambrose on the importance of value-based care alignment across physician operations, stakeholder interests, consumerism, retail health entrants, secondary care services, and much more!
In this interview:
• A history lesson of VBC: from the 1930’s to today
• Which challenges in VBC alignment would Lisa choose to fix first?
• How retailers and surging consumerism fit into VBC success
• The three words that IT vendors should be most focused on with payers and providers
• How stakeholder distrust is hurting VBC growth and necessary alignment
• Learning from the failures of Haven and successes of Covera and Moxe Health
• A tale of two data: How perspective and selectivity fuel inefficiency and misalignment
The Red Hot Healthcare podcast delivers engaging thought leadership—from healthcare leaders and luminaries across the industry. Thanks in advance for your positive, 5-star reviews given on your chosen podcast outlet. And we’re always looking for future guest recommendations. Just visit Red Hot Healthcare podcast page and fill out the inquiry form.
The type and quality of content your company develops, and shares with its target market, helps to drive awareness, engagement, and decisions. Steve Ambrose is a senior-level content strategist whose C-suite recommended written, audio, and video assets help healthcare and health IT companies improve messaging and marketing to those they serve.
You can learn more about how to work with Steve by visiting the Red Hot Healthcare home page.