Dr. Steve is fresh on the warpath with this new ‘Red Hot’ episode on the opioid epidemic. In it, he speaks with Intermountain Healthcare and the leadership team, on the war they’re waging against opioid addiction and over-prescribing.
Interviewed guests include Associate Chief Medical Officer Dr. David Hasleton and Mikelle Moore, Senior Vice President of Community Health and Population Health Management.
KEY TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- The staggering statistics of opioid abuse today
- How the body gets addicted to these powerful medications
- Intermountain Health’s goal to drop acute prescriptions by 40%
- How past health plan and medical culture helped cause the current epidemic
- Views on medical cannabis as a viable alternative for stopping abuse