Nearly a year after Prince died of an overdose, the investigation into the music icon’s death continues—most recently revealing that the singer had a myriad of prescription painkillers in his home, some of them hidden in bottles meant to contain over-the-counter medications like Bayer and Aleve.
This week, search warrants and affidavits were unsealed, providing a glimpse into the ongoing investigation of Prince’s death. Investigators found pills that contained fentanyl in an Aleve bottle, and more in a Bayer bottle, in Prince’s home. Although authorities have ruled that Prince died of a fentanyl overdose, they are still trying to find out how he came into possession of the drug.
“The investigation remains active at this point,” Jason Kamerud, chief deputy for the Carver County Sheriff’s