Today we have a powerhouse in healthcare. The former head of the ONC – appointed by President Obama, she’s a provider, health tech leader, sits on the board of Humana…and is making a hard charge toward jer vision for public health 3.0.
It’s Dr. Karen DeSalvo…and she’s taking on the tough issues and the tough questions…right here on Red Hot Healthcare..let’s go!
In this episode, Dr. Steve and former Asst. Secretary Dr. DeSalvo discuss the following:
- Her unique history in dual leadership roles at CMS
- The effects of her tenure with the Meaningful Use Act of HIPAA
- A much needed lift for public health
- Loss aversion vs rewards in patient motivation
- Lessons she learned as Health Commissioner of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina