Dr. Steve is fresh on the warpath with this new ‘Red Hot’ episode. In it, he speaks with Intermountain Healthcare’s leadership team, on the war they’re waging against opioid addiction and overprescribing.
Dr. David Hasleton, Associate Chief Medical Officer and Mikelle Moore, Senior Vice President of Community Health and Population Health Management.
KEY TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- The staggering statistics of opioid abuse today
- How the body gets addicted to these powerful medications
- Intermountain Health’s goal to drop acute opioid prescriptions by 40%
- How past health plan and medical culture helped cause the current epidemic
- Views on medical cannabis as a viable alternative for stopping opioid abuse